Tuesday 18 March 2008

Finally on the mend

Remember that coughing virus I mentioned about 3 weeks ago? It ended up being more aggressive than we could have imagined. Michael was 100% well again after a week but I am only just starting to recover. The coughing and streaming nose led to acute sinusitis which eventually infected my poor eyes. Last night was the first night in a week where I didn't spent most of it awake coughing. The situation was complicated by the pregnancy and my being allergic to penicillin. The only medicine I could take was a saline spray for my nose. In the middle of all this ill health was my birthday which was unfortunately a non-event. Today is Phil's birthday and he thinks that we should have a proper double celebration at the weekend when we are both well enough to enjoy ourselves fully. I like that plan.

I don't remember if I mentioned that we are taking a short break to the Peak District next month. We really need a break and I can't wait! It'll be the last vacation we take before we become a family of four. Michael should love the Peak District because he is the ultimate outdoors boy.

No comments: