Monday 24 March 2008

Chattering baby

About a month ago, Michael was barely saying a single word. I was a little worried, although not unduly, because his development elsewhere was spot on. All of a sudden, he started chattering and now has about 20 words. It really is a pleasure to be able to hold simple conversations with him. One such conversation over dinner went as follows:

Me: (brightly) Michael, can you say "spoon"?
Michael: (a little forlornly) No...

Priceless. Before all of these precious first words get lost in the mists of time, I want to make a note of them. Michael can currently say the following:

Banana
Spoon
Cup
Xinx (our youngest and most adorable cat)
Cartman (I have a plastic, talking Cartman that I received as a present about a decade ago)
Baby
Hi
Bye bye
Igglepiggle
Upsy Daisy
Haahoo
Stomp
Eye
Ear
Nose
Head
Hair
Hat
Balloon
Ball
Boots (from Dora the Explorer)
Red
Digger

I'm sure I've forgotten some but this is all my memory can dredge up for now. Phil and I are very proud of Michael.

No comments: