Saturday 3 March 2007

Canada

I mentioned in my first blog entry that we are in the process of applying for permanent residency in Canada. The application process is very complicated and involves completing a lot of forms; supplying education certificates; statements from past and present employers; police checks and submitting to a thorough physical and mental examination. I have taken the task of the putting the application together upon myself. I'm a lot cheaper than hiring an immigration consultant and, perversely, I like filling in forms (my secret shame).

I think it is going to take at least a couple of months to gather together all the necessary supporting documentation. I managed to find an online copy of the guide that is given to medical examiners by the Canadian immigration department. It is the kind of read that will make the layperson's eyes glaze over but it was very informative and (unintentionally) amusing in places. As long as neither Phil nor I turn into a syphilitic, faeces smearing terrorist during the application process, I have high hopes that our application won't be rejected on medical grounds.

No comments: