Thursday 18 January 2007

Phil goes, storm comes

For the first time since Michael was born, I'm spending the night away from Phil. Phil has to attend a team-building exercise in the Alps with the European FatWire team. This is the third time that such an exercise has been arranged, and the first time I have not attended. It is always arranged by the French team so it is no surprise that the destination is always France, and that skiing and fondue are always on the menu. Phil will be home tomorrow evening.

I had planned some outdoors activities to keep Michael and I busy but we have not been able to leave the house due to the following:

Huge storm causes havoc, public told to stay indoors

I don't even dare go out the front door to set the wheelie bin upright for fear of being hit by flying debris (it would only fall over a second later, anyway). The cats are terrified and I am mildly concerned that there will be a power cut. The storm is set to rage until midnight and there has already been some damage to the airport. I do hope there aren't any problems when Phil flies home tomorrow.

Should I be battening something down...? Ah well...

In closing I would like to say:

WE LOVE AND MISS YOU PHIL! COME HOME BEFORE WE'RE BLOWN AWAY!

No comments: