Sunday 31 December 2006

Where was my White Christmas?

I always expect to feel like I did when I was a kid at Christmas - you know the feeling - the anticipation and the excitement. I haven't really felt that since I moved out to Holland. I spend all of December buying presents and stocking the fridge and cupboards as if I am expecting a siege and then it is all over in 24 hours of gluttony and wrapping paper. Don't get me wrong, I had a nice day but there is always something missing.

Hopefully that missing piece will be gone when Michael is old enough to enjoy Christmas with us. I got some lovely presents - perfume, jewellery and even a computer. Michael got an absurd amount of presents for a 4 month old and most of them he is too young to play with for a little while so they are waiting patiently for him up in his toy chest.

The Christmas commercials have gone from the television to be replaced with loan, antacid, vacation and January Sales commercials. Come hell or high water, we will be taking a vacation in 2007. We will definitely be visiting family in England at some point because my Nanna hasn't met Michael (or Phil, for that matter) yet. Depending on how well we think Michael will handle a short flight, we'll either go to Barcelona or Germany. I could definitely do with some sunshine!

No comments: